3.13.2012

3/13/12

"Be the change you want to see in the world"
                                                                    -Mahatma Gandhi



Change is inevitable.  We all know this.  Yet, when large changes come into our life we usually have two options. 

Option 1--- to allow this change to consume us with worrying and doubt, allowing the darkness in, so that our everyday life is affected. 




Or...

Option 2--- to understand and analyze the change, to breath, see the light, and smile about the new change. 



I have given nearly 3 years of my life working with non-profits in New Orleans and now it is time for a change.  I feel that I have affected many homeowners, staff, volunteers, and public with my efforts to  give of myself, with my heart, mind, and body.




 I feel that it is time for me to leave the non-profit world and get back out into the private sector.  Although a hard decision, it is the right decision for me. 

This work has affected me more than I ever thought it could.  Before my work in the non-profits, I rarely ever volunteered my time.  I now have nearly 4000 hours with Americorps and have learned many new skills, made many new friends, and have helped many families move back into their homes.  I know that I wish to volunteer in my future and smile about the experiences that have developed over the past 3 years.  I have been a shoulder to cry on.  I have worked in attics that topped temperatures at 130 degrees.  I have bled.  I have laughed.  I have loved doing this...



With that said, this will be my last blog with PNOLA and I wish to let everyone who reads this, thanks for being in, or part of my life. 



I will cherish these memories for a life time. 



Sincerely,
Christian Coltharp-Parr




1 comment: